Monday 31 July 2023

Design Process: Drawings

 

the design drawing


This is the design drawing I created based on an inspiring picture I found. It serves as a visual representation of my upcoming piece. On the left side of the design, there's a daisy-pierced motif with a gently curving, leaf-like outline. On the right side, I used the fly-press technique, creating a shape resembling a lotus, although it retains some leaf-like characteristics.
sketching of the design being put together

This is a step-by-step rundown of the process I will follow to assemble all my pieces into the final design. Think of it as a diagram illustrating how the piece will be manufactured. On the left side, the design will be pierced, while on the right side, it will be fly-pressed. The two parts will then be connected using two jump rings, and the stud's post will be attached to a small fly-pressed lotus petal.
scaling the earring 
As I progressed with the project, one crucial aspect was ensuring the earring's proper scaling, making it wearable while keeping its weight under 10 grams in silver for the prototype. This limitation is in line with the competition's requirement of not exceeding 20 grams for the platinum version, considering that platinum is twice as dense as silver (i.e., 10 grams of silver equals 20 grams of platinum).







No comments:

Post a Comment